Saturday, September 3, 2011

Getting started again

I'm BACK...........not only from Florida - but hopefully to blogging and quilting.
The house move and three trips was a little too much to find the time to back to quilting. But, a week alone in Florida with Miss Baillie ( dog) gave me the opportunity to get back into it. Came back rejuvenated and eager to continue.
I made a couple more Jelly Roll quilts; A pink and green chain link looking quilt is soft and will make a nice gift. And a red and white quilt with Canadian fabric will make a nice gift for one of my daughters sailing friends.
Then to try something new I made a twister quilt. What a fun quilt to make, saw it in the Cotton Patch in Florida. Just a patch work quilt but the ruler makes it into interlocking pinwheels. So much fun to do - easy and it looks GREAT when it is done.
I also put a couple of children's quilts together for some of the new babies at work.
Still a few more but a small dent to this increasing amount of pregnant teachers.
I need to get back to work and work on our new house. I have to finish painting the outside garage door - windows and doors, I will then start on the hall way and bedrooms. In between I am hoping to get some more quilts together so Janet can offer a couple more classes at the store.

No comments:

Post a Comment