Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Apron time

I have continued on a tangent - I am making aprons now.
Since the doggy towels didn't work, ( for the moment) I have elected to make aprons for the girls and myself. I am using up my Moda fabric with scissors on it, all in brown and creams. I have a little red and brown polka dot that I am using for the binding and pockets. They are quite cute, and I am really pleased with the way they look and hand.
I am using a pattern with long ties that allow you to cross in the back and tie in the front. Of course I like the look of a hand stitched binding verses machine - so they are taking a little longer than usual. Bringing two of them to stitch and chat tonight to see if I can get them done.
It will be nice to sew a little at lunch - without having threads all over me, before I head back to work. I have been trying to etch out an hour a day of sewing. 30 minutes at lunch and 30 minutes after dinner. These little aprons are not for cooking but for sewing.

After this project though - I need to get back to my Quilt Show Quilt. the lily pads are awaiting creation and I can only pre-plan so long until I take pen to paper to start to make my applique pieces.

No comments:

Post a Comment